If you are looking for an interesting and varied role, please contact us!
We have an excellent opportunity for a Security Officer for a site within the York District.
This is a corporate, customer focused security role, for a prestigious organisation, dealing with access control, customer centre duties, patrols, fire alarm activations as well as assisting the Facilities Management, site clients, partners and customers on site.
The ideal candidate will be working on a permanent contract on the following night shift pattern:
Sunday to Friday, from 20:00hrs – 05:00hrs and Saturday 20:00hrs – 04:00hrs, on a 4 on 4 off basis.
The pay rate for this position is £8.75 per hour.
Interested candidates must hold a SIA Security Guard licence or SIA Door Supervisor Licence.
To maintain a safe and secure environment patrolling, locking units, monitoring premises, responding to incidents and reporting any signs of intrusion or damage onsite.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Conducts unlocks and locks.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by: reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by: recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
Skills and attributes:
- Excellent communication, customer service and reporting skills
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Dependability and integrity
- Surveillance Skills
- Safety Management
Gough and Kelly are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed not only to our legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.