Health and Safety Advisor
Leeds, part time permanent role (20 – 30 hours per week, to suit the successful candidate)
If you are looking for an interesting, varied, part time role, please contact us!
We are looking for a motivated self-starter to advise the Directors of their health and safety duties and assist in achieving those by the implementation, management, review and on-going development of robust health and safety procedures.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in a growing company and be part of a professional, friendly team. You will drive and support the improvement of Health and Safety management and performance in the organisation through agreed duties, as highlighted below:
- To write and develop the Health and Safety management system.
- To provide competent Health and Safety advice to the Board and gain their approval.
- To ensure that all staff understand and adhere to the implementation of safe working procedures.
- To ensure that the Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) accreditation is achieved.
- To monitor and audit the Health and Safety system.
- To ensure that Health and Safety training is established, implemented, recorded and evaluated appropriately.
- To investigate any Health and Safety breaches and manage the required improvements.
Required skills and attributes:
- NEBOSH Certificate (Mandatory).
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Action oriented approach
- Health and Safety advisory experience, in a similar role, for a minimum of two years.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed not only to our legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.