This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, forward thinking individual to progress their career in a rapidly growing group of companies within the security industry. It will appeal to outstanding individuals with energy, intellect and ambition.
As a growing organisation, Gough & Kelly are one of the leading security providers in Yorkshire. We are now looking to strengthen the accounts team by recruiting am experienced FC/MA. You will be an ambitious individual who will work with the Group Finance Director (Group FD) to shape and support the strategic vision of the company.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with a minimum of two year post qualification experience and will ideally have prior experience of managing people and advanced excel knowledge. A good understanding of management accounts would be useful but not essential.
Responsibilities to include:
- Lead and participate in the financial operations of the company including reporting, forecasting, invoicing and cash management, accounts payable/receivable and payroll
- Lead and participate in the monthly management accounts ensuring timely, accurate and complete information is available (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Report on variances to the relevant managers and Directors
- Recommend changes that will improve the company’s financial performance
- Lead and participate in the preparation of month end Payroll figures ensuring staff are paid on time with minimal errors and compliance with HMRC deadlines for NI/PAYE
- Oversee pension requirements to allow deadlines to be met
- Prepare and submit information to statutory authorities including HMRC
- Prepare and monitor cashflow statements and bank balances
- Assist the Group FD in the development of forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow)
- Assist in the Annual Budget setting process
- Manage the Finance team with regards to task setting
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finance
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Minimum two years PQE
- Excellent Excel skills including ODBC integration and advanced formulas
- Strong communication skills
- Hands on approach and proven ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- High level of interpersonal skill, sufficient to advise managers of differing financial understanding
- Good analytical skills
Negotiable – dependent on experience, plus attractive benefits.
Gough and Kelly are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed not only to our legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.