If you are looking for an interesting and varied role, please contact us!
We have an excellent opportunity for a CCTV Operator to work to work in York city centre.
The main purpose of the position is to ensure the safety and security of people and property within public areas and other facilities via surveillance of the CCTV network.
This is a full time, permanent position where the length of shifts can be agreed with the ideal candidate. The shift pattern for this vacancy is varied (days and nights) and the pay rate is £9.50 per hour.
It is essential that the applicant holds a SIA Licence. A specific SIA CCTV Licence is desirable but not essential.
- To operate and monitor all systems within the control room in an efficient manner and to ensure that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and the codes of practice.
- To assist in obtaining and maintaining the British Standards 7958:2005.
- To liaise with the Police, other agencies and members of staff to ensure the appropriate use of the system. To include all evidential records and witness statements to a standard acceptable to the rules.
- To record all events and actions in a clear and accurate written format.
- To provide an efficient and courteous radio and telephone answering service and to deal efficiently with all enquires.
- To report equipment failure to the site supervisor to maximise operation of the system.
- To maintain a secure system for providing data in accordance with the established regulations and to ensure that the security of the control room and equipment is maintained at all times.
Skills, attributes and experience:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong problem solving skills and competence in paying attention to detail
- The successful applicant will be punctual, honest and trustworthy
- CCTV Operator experience is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
Gough and Kelly are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed not only to our legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.